Welcome to Villa Mora. This luxurious 7 bedroom 7.5 bath beachfront gated estate sits on over 200 feet of pristine Grand Cayman beach with fabulous snorkeling and breathtaking sunset views of tranquil South Sound. Spanning over 8,000 sq. ft., this magnificent oceanfront home features ample outdoor space including a 75-foot-long pool, whirlpool spa, expansive covered veranda, outdoor kitchen and propane BBQ grill, plus an oceanfront cabana.
The main house at Villa Mora sleeps 14 guests (10 adults max) in 5 spacious bedroom suites and two comfortable pull-out couches. All bedrooms except the twin suite enjoy spectacular ocean views and offer private balconies, or covered porticos. The gourmet kitchen comes equipped with modern stainless appliances, granite counters, and a breakfast bar with seating. The great room dining area provides seating for 14 and features a retractable glass wall providing direct access to the beach, pool deck, and open air views of the Caribbean.
Villa Mora’s guest cottage sits at the far end of the pool spa and features 2 queen suites, with attached bath, accommodating up to 4 additional guests. Each bedroom suite opens out onto an oceanfront deck nestled against manicured lawns down to the beach. The cottage also features a covered veranda, and outdoor kitchen and bar area.
The main house can be rented alone for up to 14 guests (10 adults max), with an option to include the guest cottage to sleep a total of 18 guests (14 adults max). Even if you rent just the main house, the outdoor kitchen and bar area is yours to use. The cottage is never rented to unrelated guests during your stay.
Villa Mora’s Notable Features
First floor main house offers one (1) each: oceanfront king, oceanfront queen and twin bedroom suite.
First floor east queen suite den and west king suite both have pull-out queen sleeper sofas.
2 oceanfront king suites on second floor of main house.
Optional Guest Cottage has 2 additional oceanfront queen suites.
Large pool and heated spa with oceanfront views and plenty of chaises for poolside lounging
Air-conditioned media room for adults with a large satellite HDTV and DVD player
Separate Kid’s TV room adjacent to the great room on first floor
Home office on second floor with desk and ocean view. There is no sleeping option in the home office.
Propane outdoor grill in cooking center
Bluetooth portable speakers
Silver Thatch tandem kayaks on premises for discounted rental—waiver required*
Daily maid service is optional and can be arranged for guests in addition to a private chef, massage therapist, personal trainer or yoga instructor.
Villa Mora is conveniently located 10-12 minutes from the airport, and a short drive to 7 Mile Beach, Georgetown, as well as plenty of restaurants, supermarkets, and local attractions. A hospital is nearby as well in case of emergencies. Sandy beach in both directions for walking…reef-protected snorkeling environment with corals and vibrant marine-life. Please wear swim fins or pool shoes in the sea.
Villa Mora offers 5 bedroom rates (max 10 adults, 14 total guests), 6 bedroom rates (max 12 adults, 16 total) and 7 bedroom rates (max 14 adults, 18 total). Please have a look at the rates schedules below to see which configuration works best for your group.
*2 Silver Thatch tandem kayaks located on property for discounted guest rental. 5 day minimum required with 6th and 7th day free: US$39 per day per kayak, $195 per week.
While Grand Cayman is only 22 miles wide some guests prefer to be closer to Georgetown and 7 Mile Beach for day trips. Villa Mora is only 5-10 minutes from George Town and the beaches on the west coast of the island. The villa enjoys a sandy beach area, however, guests need to be mindful that this is a marine area with a coral reef and wading in the water will require hard-soled pool shoes or fins.
This is not the perfect barefoot beach for swimming. It is a marine environment and protected. One can walk either way on the beach and barely see a soul. This is a residential neighborhood and not a tourist area.
The south of the island usually enjoys a pleasant gentle breeze that keeps any insects at bay and obviates the need for a screened porch.
Driving west of the house will take you towards George Town and there is a very nice spot called Smith Cove with barefoot swimming and snorkeling. Dart Beach is also there as well and open to the public. For more barefoot swimming on 7 Mile Beach, you can swim at Royal Palms, Governor’s Beach, the “Public ” Beach (all beaches are technically public) and Tiki Beach near the Kimpton, as well as snorkel at Cemetery Reef.
Nice beach with an amazing views. Excellent snorkeling out at the reef. Shallow water with sea grass entry. Nice for kayaking and paddle boarding. Swimmable once the water is deep enough.
SILVER THATCH GUEST MEMBERSHIP
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
– Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
– Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
– Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
– Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
– $200 discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter
– Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
– Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
– Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
– Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
– Arrange airport pick-up & rental vehicles (fee applies)
– Special event/dinner reservations
– Welcome amenity basket/arrangement
– Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
– Day-after-arrival & mid-week guest services follow-up
– Complimentary use of Apple TVs, bluetooth speakers, beverage coolers
– Gilchrist & Soames bath products
– Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
– Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
– $2,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
– Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
Taxes and Fees:
13% CI Government Occupancy Tax added to all rates
10% Guest Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership. Guest Service Fee is capped at 7 days maximum for extended stays
– 5 nights minimum required
– 7 nights minimum stay required over Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s week
– Owner requires supplemental refundable $1,500 excess cleaning & damage deposit for artwork and furniture
– Must be 25 years or older to lease villa and must occupy the villa during the entire stay