Welcome to KiToCay! This 3,000 sq ft, sun-filled & solar powered home is located in the village of Old Man Bay within walking distance to Over The Edge Restaurant and Bar. The homeowner of this unique 2-story villa owns the adjacent lots as well. Both vacant lots are maintained and shielded from the road with palm trees providing guests ample privacy during their stay.
KiToCay boasts an enormous oceanfront living area with spectacular views, plus an over-the-water patio with tiled cabana. Many of our guests have compared the views and feel of this house with that of being on the bow of a cruise ship, with the open ocean enveloping your senses from virtually every angle.
The main level patio has access to the water down below. However, the best way to access the water would be from either of the sandy lots adjacent to the home. The owners have dubbed the east lot “Toki Beach” and added a hammock ringed with coconut palms for guests to enjoy. Guests have used this beach to host small wedding ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, and private events.
Snorkeling here is incredible with many coral heads and marine life in the shallows. The reef is about 100 yards straight out, but we advise snorkeling along the east of the boat channel (marked with navigation poles) to avoid the current.
KiToCay’s interiors are just as impressive as any home on the island. The open concept design, stylishly decorated with contemporary furniture and luxurious finishes, features an oceanfront living area furnished with a plush sectional sofa, large flat screen TV, and spectacular ocean views. The full gourmet kitchen is a vacationing chef’s paradise. Equipped with top-of-the-line appliances—including double ovens, gas range, and grill top, plus a Keurig coffeemaker and tons of counter space—guests can enjoy the comforts of a home-cooked meal away from home.
KiToCay sleeps 5 guests comfortably across 2 queen bedrooms, plus a daybed in the den. The master queen parlor suite is located on the second floor with en-suite bath and an over-sized private balcony. The second queen bedroom and den are located on the main floor off the dining area.
Nearby, guests can walk to a public dock in the mornings and buy freshly caught fish from local fishermen. A couple of restaurants and a quaint dry-goods grocery store are also nearby.
KiToCay appeals to small families with children, traveling couples, honeymooners, or snorkelers. Discount rates are available for smaller groups and seasonal bookings.
The owner welcomes small weddings and private events. Weddings require a 7 day rental and supplemental damage deposit.
^Reduced rates offered to small groups not requiring all bedrooms. See Rates tab for pricing.
*Note: Silver Thatch tandem kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver and 5-day minimum required with 6th and 7th day free: US$39 per day per kayak ($195 per week/each). Paddles included.
The beach at KiToCay offers excellent shallow water snorkeling. The property includes a sandy lot on each side of the property with seawalls for protection.
The sandy areas are maintained by the owner. The waterline, due to mother nature, can be either pebbly or sandy but otherwise very flat for walking into the water with foot protection or swim fins. The marine area is vibrant and we don’t want our guests to step on a sharp shell shards, urchin spine, or rough corals with bare feet.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The service fee is capped at seven days for extended stays.
– Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
– Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
– Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
– Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
– 10% discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter
– Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
– Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
– Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
– Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
– $500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
– Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
– *Signed waiver and 5 day minimum required with 6th and 7th day free, paddles
included: US$39 per day per kayak ($195 per week/each).
– 4 nights minimum stay required.
– 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
– 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year’s week.
– Christmas & New Year’s dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your
travel dates prior to booking.
– Inquire for shorter stays if calendar suits.
– Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
– Small weddings and events welcome and require a supplemental refundable damages
deposit. Weddings require a 7 night stay.
– 13% Occupancy tax added to all rates!
– 10% guest fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership
– Guest Service Fee is capped at 7 days for extended stays.
– Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
No cancellations or refunds